Service Disrupted on 2 and 3 Lines After Person Discovered in Train Tunnel
By Elizabeth Barber on March 26, 2013 3:33pm |
HARLEM — Service was disrupted on the 2 and 3 subway lines Tuesday afternoon after an unauthorized person was reported in the tunnel south of 125th Street at 2:30 p.m, authorities said.
Service returned to normal about an hour later, according to an MTA spokeswoman. Trains on the 3 line had been suspended between 96th and 148th streets and 2 trains had been rerouted on the 5 line between 149 St-Grand Concourse and Nevins Street, the spokeswoman said.
The MTA and NYPD did not immediately have information about the unauthorized person in the tunnel.