The national event is organized locally by the borough's precinct community councils — neighborhood groups run out of the local police precincts.
The daylong celebrations include barbeques, raffles, childrens' rides, merchant booths and parades. Police officers will participate in this effort to strengthen police-neighborhood ties and fight back against crime.
The location and time of each precinct's event (subject to change) follow:
- 40th Precinct: Saint Mary's Park, 2-7 p.m.
- 41st Precinct: 911 Longwood Ave., 4-8 p.m.
- 42nd Precinct: Crotona Ave. between Boston Rd. and E. 170th St., 4-7 p.m.
- 43rd Precinct: Morrison Ave. between Westchester and Watson Aves., 2-6 p.m.
- 44th Precinct: 2 E. 169th St., 3-8 p.m.
- 45th Precinct: Co-op City, Section 1, 6-11 p.m.
- 46th Precinct: 120 W. 184th St., 5-9 p.m.
- 47th Precinct: 4111 Laconia Ave., 5-8 p.m.
- 48th Precinct: Arthur Ave. between 187th St. and 188th St., 4-8 p.m.
- 49th Precinct: Pelham Parkway North and Wallace Ave., 6-8:30 p.m.
- 50th Precinct: Marble Hill Ave. between W. 228th St. and W. 230 St., 4-8 p.m.
- 52nd Precinct: Williamsbridge Oval Park at Resevoir Oval East and Putnam Place, 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- PSA 7: Mitchell Houses, between Willis and Alexander Aves., 4-8 p.m.
- PSA 8: Monroe Houses, behind 1790 Story Ave., 4-8 p.m.
Check with your local precinct in advance to confirm the time and location.