The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Threesome Led to Fatal Stabbing, Beating of Man in Park Slope, Sources Say

By  Trevor Kapp Aidan Gardiner Jeanmarie Evelly and Ben Fractenberg | June 19, 2017 8:06am | Updated on June 19, 2017 6:00pm

 Manos Ikonomidis was attacked at 16th Street and Seventh Avenue about 4 a.m., police said.
Manos Ikonomidis was attacked at 16th Street and Seventh Avenue about 4 a.m., police said.
View Full Caption
DNAinfo/Trevor Kapp

BROOKLYN — A young man was killed when he was stabbed in the chest and beaten with a baseball bat after he was involved in a threesome in a Park Slope apartment building early Monday morning, police and sources said.

Manos Ikonomidis, 20, of Gravesend, took part in the tryst with a 21-year-old man and a woman inside 355 16th St., near Seventh Avenue, before 4 a.m., an NYPD spokesman and police sources said. The woman, though, became upset after one of the men began to record the encounter and asked to be taken home, sources added. 

She and the 21-year-old man then left the apartment while Ikonomidis stayed behind. 

The 21-year-old later returned and Ikonomidis then decided to leave. He walked out the apartment and was confronted by three men, who attacked him with the bat and stabbed him in the chest, back and left torso, according to sources. 

"I heard a lady screaming, 'What happened? What happened? Oh, my God!' She was going crazy," said first-floor tenant Mike Rivera, 49.

"I came out and saw the kid bleeding, but I couldn't see where from. He was all pale. He was on his back. He was wearing black. He was mumbling, but you couldn't understand what he was saying. He wasn't putting his words together," the neighbor added.

Rivera watched in shock as emergency responders went to work on Ikonomidis.

"I didn't know where he was bleeding from until they flipped him over. There was a lot of blood," he said. "It's sad. He's a young kid who had his whole life in front of him."

Ikonomidis was pronounced dead at Methodist Hospital, police and FDNY officials said. An aluminum bat was recovered at the scene, according to police sources.

There were no immediate arrests, police said. 

Carol Peterson, 37, who lives on the building's second floor, described the crime scene as "out of a horror movie."

"There are hand prints of blood on the door," she said. "It's horrible."