LONG ISLAND CITY — A number of streets will be closed in Long Island City on Monday during the Macy's Fourth of July fireworks, police said.
The display will get started at 9:25 p.m. with fireworks being shot off from four barges on the East River between 37th and 23rd streets in Manhattan, and one near the South Street Seaport.
The following streets will be closed in the neighborhood Monday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., according to the NYPD.
• The entire area bounded by 44th Drive on the North; Borden Avenue on the South; Vernon Boulevard on the East; East River on the West
• Center Boulevard between Borden and 54th avenues
• Second Street between Borden Avenue and Newtown Creek/Dead End
• Vernon Boulevard between 54th Avenue and Newtown Creek/Dead End
• 54th Avenue between Center and Vernon boulevards