MIDTOWN — Here's where not to drive in Manhattan on St. Patrick's Day.
Fifth Avenue will be closed from 42nd Street through 86th Street, between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. for the parade, police said Wednesday.
There will also be a snarl of road closures around Grand Central Terminal including:
- Vanderbilt Avenue between 43rd Street and 46th Street
- 43rd Street through 46th Street between Vanderbilt Avenue and 6th Avenue
- 47th Street and 48th Street between Park Avenue and 6th Avenue
Along the route, expect these roads to be shutdown on the Upper East Side on:
- 62nd and 63rd Streets between Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue
- 64th Street between Park Avenue and Fifth Avenue
- 72nd Street between Madison Avenue and Fifth Avenue
- Madison Avenue between 63rd Street and 64 Street
At the end of the route, there will be a mess of blocked streets on the Upper East Side including:
- 78th Street between Madison Avenue and Fifth Avenue
- 79th Street through 83rd Street between Fifth Avenue and Park Avenue
- 84th Street and 85th Street between Madison Avenue and Fifth Avenue
- Madison Avenue between 78th Street and 86th Street
Roads should open back up after the parade ends at 5 p.m.