TIMES SQUARE — A electrical fire sparked in a utility room caused smoke to spew out of windows at Viacom headquarters where MTV is located Wednesday afternoon, according to the FDNY.
Firefighters responded to reports of smoke coming from the 33rd floor of the high-rise building at 1515 Broadway after 5 p.m., fire officials said.
Sarah, a 32-year-old senior manager who works in the building but did not want to give her last name was on the 29th floor at the time of the blaze.
"We were in a meeting, we smelled like burnt rubber and then got an email saying we had to go downstairs and evacuate the building," she said.
MAN 10-75 1515 BROADWAY, HIGH RISE SMOKE ON 33RD FLR,— FDNY (@FDNY) June 10, 2015
No one was injured in the fire, which firefighters brought under control about an hour later. The fire was contained to the utility room, fire officials at the scene said.