STATEN ISLAND — Four Staten Island high schools were evacuated after they received bomb threats Tuesday morning, officials said.
Susan E. Wagner High School, 1200 Manor Road, Curtis High School, 105 Hamilton Ave., Ralph R. McKee High School, 290 St. Marks Place, and Concord High School, 109 Rhine Ave. were all evacuated at roughly 10 a.m. after threats came into the schools, according to a spokeswoman for the Office of Emergency Management, which responded to the scenes.
All the bomb threats were received within 10 minutes of each other, and all schools were given clearance to return inside between 11:30 and 11:40 a.m., police said.
"We take these matters very seriously and we are following all appropriate safety protocols," said Jason Fink, a spokesman for the Department of Education. "In addition, we are working closely with law enforcement as they investigate these incidents. Whoever is found to be responsible must be held accountable for these actions."
The DOE has added additional security to the schools and will send a letter home to parents with information about the incidents.
Tuesday's threat was the second bomb threat in two days for Wagner HS, according to the NYPD. The school also had another threat last week, the Staten Island Advance reported.
The Advance reported police took into custody a suspect for the threat on Monday, but police could not confirm it.