BROOKLYN — A fire erupted on the second floor of a Bedford-Stuyvesant home Thursday morning, the FDNY said.
The flames broke out about 7:39 a.m. inside 704 MacDonough St., near Saratoga Avenue, FDNY officials said.
"There was heavy fire pushing out those windows," said FDNY Battallion Chief Michael Mandala. "It was a lot of fire and these guys did a great job."
A mother and her seven kids scambled from the blazing home as roughly 106 firefighters sprayed the fire, officials said. They brought it under control about 8:11 a.m., officials said.
The firefighter twisted his knee while moving a hose line, an FDNY official said on the scene.
It was not immediately clear what sparked the fire.
No injuries were immediately reported.