The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Marchers Shut Down Streets in Second Night of Protesting Ferguson Decision

 Hundreds of protestors marched to times square the day after a grand jury failed to indict officer Darren Wilson for the shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Nov. 25, 2014. 
Protestors March to Times Square Day After Ferguson Grand Jury Announcement
View Full Caption

TIMES SQUARE — Hundreds of protesters shut down the FDR Drive and other major roadways Tuesday in the second night of marches across the city protesting the Ferguson grand jury's vote not to indict in the Michael Brown case.

A group of protesters spilled onto the highway about 8 p.m. halting traffic by East Houston Street. At various points in the night, bands of others shut down the Lincoln Tunnel, the Midtown Tunnel and the West Side Highway.

Demonstrators — shouting slogans and carrying picket signs — also gathered in parks and squares around Manhattan to express outrage over the excessive use of force by police toward minorities.

Marchers shut down city streets on both nights to voice their outrage that Ferguson, Mo. Officer Darren Wilson will not face charges for killing unarmed teen Michael Brown.

By Wednesday morning, 10 people were arrested on disorderly conduct charges, an NYPD spokesman said. Six of those people also faced charges of resisting arrests, he added.

In Times Square, NYU graduate student Briana Cox, 24, came out with her husband to show that she's had enough.

"I'm frustrated and tired that this is a pattern, and people don't realize it," she said. "I wanted to put that frustration into demonstration."

In Union Square, a group gathered by the north side of the park about 6 p.m. holding signs that read "Jail Killer Cops" and "Resistance is Justified."

Officers lined the park, but no initial confrontations were reported.

The protesters eventually started marching toward Times Square where they joined with a larger group.

Some broke off and marched toward the Lincoln Tunnel where it was rumored that they intended to close the roadway but they were met by police presence and eventually returned to Times Square.

At least one man was arrested, but the protest Tuesday night was largely peaceful.

Last week, NYPD Officer Peter Liang, 27, shot Akai Gurley, 28, an unarmed man in the stairwell of the Pink Houses in East New York. Over the summer, Police Officer Daniel Pantaleo, 29, killed Eric Garner, 43, an unarmed man selling loose cigarettes, outside a Staten Island bodega.

A Staten Island grand jury has convened to determine if criminal charges will be brought against the officer.