The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Women Attack Cabbie With Potted Plants After Trying to Shirk Bill: NYPD

By Danielle Tcholakian | November 5, 2014 11:19am
 Five women beat up a cab driver using potted plants and an umbrella, police said.
Five women beat up a cab driver using potted plants and an umbrella, police said.
View Full Caption
Flickr/Daniel Dudek-Corrigan

WEST VILLAGE — A group of women who took a cab ride and then refused to pay their driver attacked him with potted plants and an umbrella after he confronted them, police said.

The four women got out of a taxi in front of 613 Hudson St. at 4:05 a.m. on Nov. 2 and told the driver they wouldn't pay, police said. When the driver objected, the women — along with an additional woman who joined in the fray — started kicking and punching him, police said.

One of the women, Rickeva Daley, 23, attacked the driver with an umbrella and smashed his windshield, causing $300 worth of damage to the car, while another woman grabbed a potted plant off a stoop and lobbed it at the driver, police said.

The taxi driver, whose name was not released, was left with a swollen face, a bruised hand and a cut on his finger, as well as injuries to his legs and ribs, police said. 

Daley was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court Sunday on charges of felony assault and criminal mischief and was released without bail. Her next court date is Feb. 24. Her attorney did not immediately respond to a voicemail left for comment.

Britnee Russell, 23; Jessica Peters, 23; Brenda Edmond, 22; and Tiffany Thompson, 23, were issued desk appearance tickets for assault and are due back in court on Dec. 10.

Other recent crimes in the 6th Precinct include:

► A man who was trying to push through the police barricades set up around the West 4th Street subway station for the Village Halloween Parade attacked officers who tried to stop him, police said.

Kelvin Corbin, 21, was with a group of five other people when he tried to force his way through a barricade outside of Fay Da Bakery at 321 Sixth Ave. just after midnight on Nov. 1, according to the police report.

When transit police tried to stop him, he attacked them, punching a sergeant in the face and breaking his nose, police said. As police arrested him, Corbin punched and kicked another officer in the arm, the NYPD said.

Corbin was arraigned in Manhattan Criminal Court Saturday on misdemeanor charges of rioting, resisting arrest and obstructing government administration. He was released without bail, according to court records. His next court date is on Feb. 17.

Corbin's attorney did not immediately respond to a voicemail left for comment.

► A man who was angry at being kicked out of a Bleecker Street bar threw a glass bottle of Maker’s Mark at woman’s head, police said.

Police said Mohmed Khatari, 19, and Winston Johnson, 20, were told to leave the Falucka Lounge at 162 Bleecker St. about 1:15 a.m. on Nov. 1, after they had already been ejected from the bar earlier in the night.

Khatari threw a glass Maker’s Mark bottle and hit a 25-year-old woman in the right side of her head, police said.

Khatari was arrested and arraigned on Saturday on charges of misdemeanor assault, aggravated harassment, reckless endangerment and harassment, police said. A judge issued a temporary order of protection against him and released him without bail, according to court records.

Johnson was arraigned on misdemeanor charges of reckless endangerment, criminal trespass and criminal possession of a weapon — after police found a set of plastic knuckles on him when they arrested him, according to court records and the police report. He was also hit with an order of protection and released without bail, according to court records.

Khatari's lawyer declined to comment, and an attorney for Johnson could not immediately be reached. They are both due back in court on Jan. 5.

A manager at Falucka Lounge was not immediately available for comment.

► A man snatched a women's cellphone on a northbound 1 train at about 3:45 a.m. on Nov. 1, police said.

Carlos Munoz, 41, grabbed the phone from the  26-year-old straphanger and tried to flee but was caught at the Christopher Street station, police said. He was charged with grand larceny.

His attorney did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

► A man tried to charge $500 to a forged credit card at Le Souk, police said.

Ryan Smith, 24, who was claiming to be someone else, tried to use the card at the 501 LaGuardia Place restaurant at about 4:15 a.m. on Nov. 1.

He was arrested and charged with possession of a forged instrument and attempted petit larceny.

His attorney did not immediately respond to request for comment. A manager at Le Souk could not immediately be reached for comment.

Editor's Note: Because of an error on a police report, the item about the Nov. 1 Bleecker Street incident initially stated the incorrect location. It occurred at Falucka Lounge.