QUEENS — The local precinct is planning a town hall meeting to address residents' concerns about noise and other problems from a series of summer outdoor concerts in Forest Hills.
Throughout the entire season at Forest Hills Stadium, which lasted from June to September and featured six concerts, the 112th Precinct received 10 complaints about the noise related to the events, said Capt. Judith Harrison, the precinct's commanding officer, at a community board meeting Tuesday night.
Harrison said that the exact date of the meeting has not yet been decided, but it will be held before the next concert season, possibly sometime in spring.
“Before the concerts begin, I want to have a forum where residents can come in and speak about whatever their concerns are,” Harrison said.
According to the 112th Precinct, there were no major concert-related incidents during the summer. There was only one arrest — a public beer drinker was taken into custody because he had an active warrant. Otherwise, he would have received a summons, according to the precinct.
“Considering that there were six concerts last year, I don’t think [the number of complaints] is excessive,” Harrison said. “But I do understand that there are some noise complaints,” she said, adding that earlier this week she had met with several residents concerned about the concerts.
Concert organizers said that they had worked with the city's Department of Environmental Protection throughout the summer to keep the noise at reasonable levels.
They also said that they have been testing sound blankets, typically used at airports and construction sites, to reduce noise from future performances.
The DEP did not respond to numerous emails seeking comment.
Among the artists who performed at the stadium this summer were rappers Drake and Lil Wayne, Zac Brown Band, Modest Mouse and The Replacements.