The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Prosecutors Await Autopsy to File Murder Charges in Myls Dobson Case

By Gustavo Solis | April 23, 2014 4:19pm | Updated on April 23, 2014 4:40pm
 Transgender performer  Kryzie King , 28, is expected to face charges of charges of murder in the death of 4 year old Myls Dobson.
Kryzie King
View Full Caption

MANHATTAN CRIMINAL COURT — Prosecutors delayed seeking murder charges against the babysitter they believe tortured and starved 4-year-old Myls Dobson during the Christmas holiday because they have yet to receive the autopsy report.

Kryzie King, 28, was originally charged with felony assault and child endangerment in a 12 count indictment filed in January, but the Manhattan District Attorney's office held off upgrading the charges until the Medical Examiner determined cause of death.

Although the ME ruled two weeks ago that Myls died from child abuse syndrome and dehydration, prosecutors have not been given the autopsy report, Assistant District Attorney Nicole Blumberg said at a hearing on Thursday. Prosecutors expect to go before the grand jury for a murder indictment in about a month when they have the report in hand, she said.

Judge Robert Stolz told both sides to be back in court on June 4, 2014.

King's defense lawyer Bryan Konoski declined to comment after the hearing.

His client, in her own written statement, admitted to beating the child with a belt, burning him with an oven rack and leaving him out on a balcony in frigid temperatures.

Myls was left in King’s care after police arrested his father for failing to show up in court to face bank fraud charges in New Jersey.

She told police that she canceled travel plans, purchased a video game console and took the boy ice skating during the two weeks Myls was in her care, between Dec. 17 and Jan. 8.

King claimed to want to show the boy the love his parents never did but grew more and more abusive as Myls became disobedient and disrespectful, she said. She began disciplining him in increasingly severe ways until she found him unresponsive in the bathtub.

The ME's spokeswoman said their office was working with prosecutors on the case.