PARK SLOPE — A trip to the DMV can make anyone lose their patience, but one Brooklyn woman ended up losing important property as well, police said.
A 30-year-old Williamsburg woman went to the DMV office inside 625 Atlantic Ave. on Jan. 24 to renew her ID, and when she left she realized someone had stolen her Social Security card and New York State ID, according to the police report. The woman also lost $350 in cash and a $500 Samsung Galaxy cell phone.
Other notable crimes in this week's blotter at the 78th Precinct included the following, with details provided from police reports:
• An unarmed man robbed the Carver Federal Savings Bank at 4 Hanson Place on Jan. 22. about 11:15 a.m. The man, who was described as about 35 years old in the police report, handed the teller a note demanding $20 and $50 bills and said, "They're going to kill my kids." The teller handed over $2,749. He was wearing a black hooded ski jacket. Police released a photo of the suspect and are asking for the public's assistance tracking him down.
• A U-Haul trailer was stolen from a U-Haul rental location at 403 Third Ave. on Jan. 18. The stolen 1999 trailer was valued at $3,500.
• A device called a "Compu-Spread 220 Black Box" was stolen from inside of a Department of Sanitation salt spreader truck parked at 465 Hamilton Ave. The theft happened about 4:30 p.m. on Jan. 19. The device was valued at $1,000.
• A man had his wallet stolen while he was working out at the Crunch gym at 330 Flatbush Ave. on Jan. 26. The man left his wallet inside a pants pockets in an unlocked locker. The thief snatched the man's Chase debit card, New York learner's permit, $40 in cash, a MetroCard, and Social Security card.
• A 2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid was stolen from Carroll Street and Polhemus Place on Jan. 24. The car's owner, a 53-year-old resident of West Milford, N.J., told police he parked the gray car and returned about two hours later to find it missing. The vehicle was valued at $17,200.
• A 25-year-old man fell asleep on the F train on Jan. 27 and woke up at 4:30 a.m. to find two men rifling through his pockets. The two thieves snatched the man's 64 GB iPhone and a wallet containing $70 in cash, credit cards and a driver's license. The two suspects got off the train at Seventh Avenue and Ninth Street and fled in an unknown direction.