MANHATTAN — The kitchen of a Chelsea deli caught fire on Monday, sending one victim to the hospital with minor injuries, fire officials said.
The blaze started at 3:21 p.m. inside the kitchen of Chelsea Hyper-Market, at 366 West 23rd St., between Eighth and Ninth avenues, according to the FDNY.
There was no information immediately about how the fire began, a spokesman for the FDNY said.
The deli is in the first floor of a five-story residential building, according to fire officials. It was not known immediately whether the extent of damage would require tenants to relocate.
Calls to the deli returned a busy signal.