HARLEM — A 24-year-old man has been arrested in last week's wild shooting in Rucker Park that left five people wounded, police said Monday.
Ricardo Laing, of White Plains, was taken into custody at the 32nd Precinct stationhouse at 6 p.m. Sunday, police said.
Investigators believe he opened fire at the famed Harlem basketball court on July 26 during the Entertainment Basketball Classic, sending hundreds of people — including former New York Knicks guard Nate Robinson — running for cover.
The shooting was captured on video and published by WorldHipHopStar.com.
Five people, including a 16-year-old boy, were shot. They were taken to local hospitals in stable condition, police said.
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said at the time that the gunfire may have erupted after a bad call or heckling.
Laing was charged with five counts of attempted murder. He was awaiting arraignment at Manhattan Criminal Court.
Meanwhile, the Entertainment Basketball Classic tweeted that the tournament, scheduled to restart Monday, will have the Rev. Jesse Jackson among its spectators.
"The good thing about safety is that when you show you are on top of it and something still happens people know it was out of your control," the tweet, posted Sunday, read. "Still got Pros wanting to come down this week."