MIDTOWN — A fire broke out in the generator room of the Madison Square Garden Monday morning, fire officials said.
Firefighters raced to the World's Most Famous Arena at 4 Pennsylvania Plaza just before 9:30 a.m. to battle a fire on the roof, an FDNY spokesman said.
It took 60 firefighters from 12 units about an hour to get the fire under control, the spokesman said.
There were no reported injuries or evacuations, officials said.
The cause was not immediately known.
Representatives from Maidson Square Garden did not immediately respond to an e-mail seeking comment.