KENSINGTON — A Brooklyn infant was burned after boiling liquid landed on him on Wednesday night, according to the FDNY.
The family of a 1-year-old boy called 911 at 8:17 p.m., and reported that the infant had been scalded by hot tea, fire officials said.
When rescuers arrived at the East 8th Street apartment, they found that the baby was suffering 2nd degree burns on his face, neck, and chest.
The child was immediately transported to Weill Cornell Medical Center.
It was not clear what condition he was in immediately, aside from the burns, but rescuers were with the child, according to the FDNY.