ANDERSONVILLE — Bar Roma will celebrate its first Halloween in the neighborhood with a costume contest and dinner specials.
From 5-10 p.m. Oct. 31, the restaurant at 5101 N. Clark St. that pecializes in meatballs and Roman cuisine will offer five featured dishes along with the regular menu. All guests who arrive in costume will receive a free dessert, according to a press release from Bar Roma.
The evening will begin with a happy hour from 5-6:30 p.m. All appetizers will be half price and glasses of rosè will be $6, according to the press release.
At 8 p.m., the restaurant will host a costume contest with prizes for the top three winners. The duo with the best costumes will win dinner for two, the second place costume will win a $50 gift card and third place will receive a bottle of Italian wine, according to the release.
• Primi: warm duck egg and artichoke frittata, frisse, baby arugula and shaved pecorino for $10.
• Insalata: insalata di mare, chilled shrimp, calamari, octopus, mussels and lemon vinaigrette for $13.
• Paste: baked spinach and cheese lasagna and Sangiovase-braised short rib sauce for $18.
• Entree: oxtail osso bucco, risotto Milanese and gremolata for $24.
• Dolce: warm olive oil cake with pumpkin ice cream for $8.