The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Convict Was on Parole When He Forced Teens into Prostitution: Officials

By Ewa Kern-Jedrychowska | December 13, 2013 1:25pm
 Peter Gerardi's mugshot.
Peter Gerardi's mugshot.
View Full Caption
New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision

QUEENS — A Forest Hills Gardens man who was convicted of a brutal gang assault a decade ago had just been paroled when he allegedly raped and kidnapped two teenage girls, authorities said.

The New York State Department of Corrections said that Peter "Prince" Gerardi, 28, kidnapped and raped two teenagers — aged 13- and 16-years-old — and forced them into prostitution between March and September 2011.

In 2004, Gerardi and three other teens, including his younger brother Herman, were arrested for a Christmas Eve attack on three 20-year-old men outside of the Midway Theater in Forest Hills.

The argument reportedly began over a misunderstanding as the two groups walked into the theater. Gerardi and his friends attacked the men after the movie. One of the attackers, Pierre Arias, stabbed one of the victims, Davey Adames, several times with a knife. Adames was killed and two others wounded in the attack.

Gerardi pleaded guilty to gang assault and was sentenced to five years in prison, according to the Queens DA's office. Arias was convicted of murder.

Gerardi began serving his sentence in June 2007 at the Gouverneur Correctional Facility, near the Canadian border, according to the state Department of Corrections.

He was released on parole in March 2011 — the same time as the alleged attacks on the teenage girls — but in November 2011 he was ordered to return to prison after he violated the terms of his parole. It was not clear what the violation was.

He was released on parole again in September 2012 and brought back in March 2013, for a second violation.

On Tuesday, Gerardi was charged with kidnapping, rape, sex trafficking, unlawful imprisonment, assault and endangering the welfare of a child, prosecutors said.

Gerardi, who continues to serve his 5-year sentence, is due back in court on Dec. 19. If convicted, he faces up to 25 years to life in prison.