The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Four Men Shot to Death in Different Attacks Across the City

By Jess Wisloski | October 5, 2013 11:13am
 Four men were killed in gun attacks on October 4 and 5, police said.
Four men were killed in gun attacks on October 4 and 5, police said.
View Full Caption

NEW YORK CITY —  Four men were killed over Friday evening and into Saturday morning in gun attacks that took place across the city, police said.

The violence began Friday evening in Brooklyn, when police responding to a 911 call in Brooklyn found a Lamar Antonio Blackwood, 26, shot several times in the lobby of a building at the Glenwood Houses, an East Flatbush public housing development, at 5:49 p.m.

Blackwood was rushed to Brookdale Hospital, but pronounced dead on arrival, and no arrests had been made in the 5706 Farragut Road attack, police said.

Shortly after midnight, two men were shot in the Allerton section of The Bronx, police said.

Officers arrived at 1216 Burke Ave. at 12:51 a.m. to find a man in front of the building shot in the head, who rescuers declared dead on arrival, police said. Another man, 22, was found with a gunshot wound in the buttocks and was rushed to Jacobi Hospital and in stable condition, police said. 

Across the city, in Queens, another man was shot down, and found riddled with bullets in front of a Springfield Gardens home at 1:34 a.m., police said. Police found the 29-year-old man, who had not been identified, with five gunshot wounds to his body, lying in front of 184-09 140th Ave. He was rushed to Jamaica Hospital but declared dead on arrival. No arrests had been made, police said, and family had not yet been notified about the victim's death. 

Hours later in Woodside, a man was discovered by police responding to a 911 call from Perfections Nightclub, on 30th Avenue at 4:11 a.m., cops said. The victim, who was not identified immediately, was shot multiple times throughout the body and rushed to Elmhurst Hospital, police said. He was declared dead on arrival, and no arrests had been made Saturday, according to police.

All cases were still under investigation, the NYPD said.