NEW YORK — Subway service disruptions are coming to 13 lines this weekend, the Metropolitan Transportation Authority said.
Riders can expect to encounter changes while riding the following trains: 1, 4, 6, 7, A, F, G, J, M, N, Q, R and S.
Once again, 7 train riders will need to take a different route this weekend. From 11:45 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. on Monday, there will be no 7 train service between Times Square-42nd Street and Queensborough Plaza because of work on the Flushing Line.
The MTA advises travelers to take the following routes instead:
- The E, N or Q for riding between Manhattan and Queens. Q service will be extended to Ditmas Boulevard.
- Free shuttle buses for service between Vernon Boulevard-Jackson Avenue and Queensboro Plaza.
- The 42nd Street S Shuttle, which will operate overnight, for Manhattan routes.
F and G train riders in Brooklyn have been skipping over Smith-9th Streets in both directions since the beginning of 2013, and this weekend is no exception. Riders may take the B61 bus for connections between the Smith-9th Streets station and the 4th Avenue-9th Street station, where F, G and R trains are available. Riders can also take the B57 bus to connect between Smith-9th Streets and the Carroll Street station, where the F and the G are available.
In addition, the M train will skip over Central Avenue in both directions through August 2013.
Here's a breakdown of the other service changes this weekend:
- 1 train: From 3:45 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Sunday, uptown 1 trains will not stop at 231st Street and 238th Street due to track panel installation above 225th Street. Additionally, from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. on Sunday, the last stop for some uptown 1 trains will be 137th street due to track panel installation in The Bronx.
- 4 train: From 11:45 p.m. on Saturday to 6:30 a.m. on Sunday, and from 11:45 p.m. on Sunday to 5 a.m. on Monday, downtown 4 trains will run express from 125th Street to Grand Central-42nd Street due to track work uptown.
- 6 train: From 11:45 p.m. on Saturday to 5 a.m. on Monday, downtown 6 trains will run express from 125th Street to Grand Central-42nd Street due to track work uptown.
- A train: From 11:45 p.m. on Friday to 5 a.m. on Saturday, uptown A trains will run express from 59th Street-Columbus Circle to 125th Street due to ceiling work at 81st Street.
- J train: From 5:30 a.m. on Saturday to 10 p.m. on Sunday, the J train will not run between Crescent Street and Jamaica Center due to structure work from Cypress Hills to 130th Street. Free shuttle buses and E trains will provide service as follows: J trains will run between Chambers Street and Crescent Street, and free shuttle buses will run between Crescent and 121st, connecting with the E at Jamaica-Van Wyck, where service to and from Sutphin Boulevard and Jamaica Center will be available.
- N train: From 11:45 p.m. on Saturday to 5 a.m. on Monday, Brooklyn-bound N trains will run express from 34th Street-Herald Square to Canal Street due to track work.
- Q train: From 12:01 a.m. on Saturday to 5 a.m. on Monday, uptown Q trains will run local from Canal Street to 34th Street-Herald Square due to work at 34th Street. Also, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Saturday and from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, Q trains will run on an extended route to Ditmars Boulevard, adding an additional transit option between Manhattan and Queens.
- R train: From 6:30 a.m. to midnight of Sunday, Brooklyn-bound R trains will run express from 34th Street-Herald Square to Canal Street due to track maintenance in Greenwich Village.
- S (42nd Street Shuttle): From 12:01 a.m. to 6 a.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, the 42nd Street S shuttle will operate overnight to provide an alternative to the 7 train.
Finally, due to the lingering effects of Hurricane Sandy, the 1 and A trains are running as follows until further notice:
- 1: Trains will run between 242nd Street and Rector Street only (no service between Rector Street and South Ferry).
- A: Trains will run between 207th Street and Lefferts Boulevard and between 207th Street and Howard Beach only (no service between Howard Beach and Far Rockaway). Free shuttle buses will run non-stop between Howard Beach and Far Rockaway. Free H shuttles will operate between Far Rockaway-Mott Avenue and Beach 90th Street.