CHINATOWN — A fire broke out in a laundromat on Elizabeth Street Thursday morning, authorities said.
Firefighters responded to the blaze, which began inside a dryer at the Wonder Wash & Dry at 10 Elizabeth St., near Bayard Street, about 11:58 p.m., FDNY officials said.
The fire was under control 10 minutes later, fire officials said. There were no injuries.
A customer at the laundromat said only a few people were inside when the fire started.
"I think maybe someone put too many clothes in [the dryer]," said Terry Tsou, 62. "It was really big."