CHICAGO — Two men are dead and 10 other people are wounded after shootings across the city since Friday morning.
In non-fatal shootings:
• In Humboldt Park at 4:28 a.m. Saturday, a man was shot in his forearm while walking down the 2800 block of West Division Street.
He told police that he was caught between crossfire coming from two vehicles.
He walked into Norwegian American Hospital.
• A man was shot several times in the Portage Park neighborhood early Saturday morning.
• In South Chicago at 3:51 a.m., a 26-year-old woman was shot in both legs while she was in the 8100 block of South Crandon Avenue.
Police think she may have been sitting in a car when she was shot, but they haven't been able to interview her.
She was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center.
• In West Pullman at 12:56 a.m., a 54-year-old man was shot while intervening in an argument in the 500 block of West 123rd Street.
He stepped outside when a shot was fired that struck his upper back. The man was taken to Christ.
• In Galewood at 9:25 p.m. Friday, a 21-year-old man was shot in his lower back while he was in the 6800 block of West North Avenue.
The victim, who was taken to Loyola University Medical Center, is being uncooperative with police who had no further details.
• In Austin at 5:40 p.m., a 47-year-old man was shot while he was in the 5500 block of West Jackson Boulevard.
He was taken to Stroger Hospital after feeling the gunshot in his right arm.
• In Grand Boulevard at 4:52 p.m., a 58-year-old man was shot in his leg while walking in the 4200 block of South Michigan Avenue. Someone shot at him from an alley.
The victim was taken to Mercy Hospital.
• In North Lawndale at 3:17 p.m., a 24-year-old man was shot while walking in the 3100 block of West 13th Street near Douglas Park.
Three male attackers emerged from an alley and one of them shot him in his abdomen and forearm.
He was taken to Mount Sinai in serious condition.
• In Roseland at 2:43 p.m., a 34-year-old man was shot in his chest while he was in the 9700 block of South Calumet Avenue.
He was taken to Christ in critical condition.
• In North Lawndale at 9:35 a.m., a 25-year-old woman was shot in her right leg while she was in the 4200 block of West 15th Street.
She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
The shooting occurred near Hughes Elementary, which was in session at the time of the shooting.
No one is in custody in these incidents.