SOUTH SHORE — A rash of car thefts has hit South Shore in the last month, police said
At least six cars have been stolen since July 27 in South Shore, according to a community alert sent out by the Grand Crossing District on Saturday.
Police had no suspect descriptions.
The thefts occurred at:
• 8 a.m. July 27 in the 6900 block of South Oglesby Avenue
• 6 p.m. July 31 in the 6700 block of South Oglesby Avenue
• 10:45 a.m. Aug. 1 in the 2000 block of East 69th Street
• 9 p.m. Aug. 15 on the 2000 block of East 75th Street
• 9:45 p.m. Aug. 15 in the 7000 block of South Clyde Avenue
• 11:15 p.m. Aug. 17 in the 1700 block of East 71st Street
The Area Central Bureau of Detectives is investigating, and anyone with information is encouraged to call 312-747-8380.
Chicago police offer these tips to help prevent car theft:
•Always lock your vehicle and take your keys
•Never leave a spare set of keys in the vehicle, such as in a magnetic box, above the visor or under the hood
• Always park in well-lighted areas
• Make sure the windows are tightly closed when parking your vehicle
• Keep all valuables and packages out of sight (i.e. cellphones, briefcases, computers, spare change and clothing);
• Report any suspicious persons to 911