CHICAGO — Six homes were burglarized in the Jefferson Park and Portage Park neighborhoods since July 13, according to a police alert issued Monday.
Burglars got into apartments "through doors and windows" and stole items including jewelry, electronics and cash, police said.
The incidents were reported at the following times and locations:
• At 7 p.m. on July 13 in the 5500 block of West Edmunds Street
• At 2:10 a.m. on July 16 in the 4300 block of North Monitor Avenue
• At 9:30 p.m. on July 21 in the 4800 block of North Central Avenue
• At 12:45 p.m. on July 25 in the 5400 block of North Lynch Avenue
• Between 1 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on July 25 in the 5000 block of North Major Avenue
• At 6 p.m. on July 26 in the 5600 block of West Leland Avenue
Anyone with information on the burglaries is asked to call detectives at 312-744-8263.