BRIDGEPORT — The Bridgeport Art Center is hosting a pop-up fashion show to showcase local designers latest work.
The event starts at 7:30 p.m. Friday in the Sculpture Garden of the art center, 1200 W. 35th St.
The center has hosted events of this kind in the past, including annual fashion shows and open studios. The center is meant to be an open place for artists, fashion designers and creative professionals.
Some designers featured at the fashion show will be:
• Anelehs Atelier with a less-traditional line of clothing for women
• Maggie Yan and her boutique designs of evening gowns and business wear
• Delvin McCray of Bespoke Clothing and his line of avant-garde gowns
• Terrance B. Jeffries of Benjamin Jay Designs casual clothing line
• Janessa Wimmer of Violet Bells and her line of bridal wear
• Binta Sagale and her Africa-American fusion of fabrics
• Javonica Sapp, designer and owner of JAVONICA-CHICAGO with a line of couture gowns
Flyer for the Bridgeport Art Center Pop-Up Show. [Bridgeport Art Center]