CHICAGO — Shootings have killed one person and wounded eight since Saturday, police said.
• At 10:44 p.m. Saturday, a 24-year-old man was gunned down in West Englewood. Another man, 27, was wounded in the shooting.
In non-fatal shootings:
• At 2 a.m. Sunday, a 35-year-old woman was shot in Lincoln Square. It was the first shooting in that neighborhood this year.
• At 9:21 p.m. Saturday, a 20-year-old man was shot in Englewood, police said. The man was a passenger in a car in the 5900 block of South Sangamon Street when he was shot in the right side of his face and his left leg.
The driver of the car took the man to St. Bernard Hospital, where he was in serious condition, police said. He was transferred to Stroger Hospital.
The man was a documented gang member, a police source said.
• At 9:05 p.m., a 16-year-old girl was shot in Austin, police said. The girl was walking on the sidewalk in the 300 block of South Cicero Avenue when someone in a black car fired shots at her.
The girl's buttocks was grazed by a bullet and she was taken to West Suburban Hospital, where her condition was not available but she was listed as "stable," police said.
• At 5:04 p.m., a 16-year-old boy and 18-year-old man were shot in separate incidents in West Englewood and Chicago Lawn, but officers were investigating if they were related.
The boy was in the 7200 block of South Talman Avenue when he was shot in his hand and taken to Holy Cross Hospital, police said. He was treated and released.
About the same time, the man was in the backyard of a home in the 7200 block of South Paulina Street when he was shot in his chest, police said. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in serious condition.
• At 3 p.m., a 23-year-old man and 33-year-old man were shot in South Shore, police said. The two were outside in the 2500 block of East 79th Street when several people walked up to them and fired shots, police said.
The 23-year-old was hit in his leg and took himself to Advocate Christ Medical Center, police said. The 33-year-old man was hit in his arm and was taken to South Shore Hospital. They were in serious condition.
The shooters got into a black car and drove away, police said.
No one was in custody in these shootings.