SAUGANASH — Four cars have been stolen in recent weeks in Sauganash, prompting Ald. Margaret Laurino (39th) to warn residents about the spate of thefts.
Officers assigned to the Albany Park Police District have stepped up patrols in the tree-lined neighborhood where homes typically sell for close to $1 million, Laurino said.
Thefts of items left in cars are also on the rise, Laurino warned.
Three other car thefts were reported just east of Sauganash in North Park, according to police reports.
The thefts in Sauganash took place within a three-block radius, according to police reports.
In all seven car thefts were reported between July 11 and Aug. 11, the most recent date crime reports are available from the Chicago Police Department's data portal.
The cars were stolen:
• July 14 in the 6200 block of North McCormick Boulevard in North Park
• July 20 in the 6200 block of North Ridgeway Avenue in North Park
• July 31 in the 6100 block of North Forest Glen Avenue in Sauganash
• Aug. 6 in the 6100 block of North Kilbourn Avenue in Sauganash
• Aug. 6 in the 6100 block of North Kostner Avenue in Sauganash
• Aug. 7 in the 6200 block of North Monticello Avenue in North Park
• Aug. 10 in the 4100 block of West Peterson Avenue in Sauganash
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: