CHICAGO — One person is dead and nine wounded since Friday in the first shootings during the Fourth of July weekend.
At 3:30 a.m., a 32-year-old man was shot to death in West Town. Another man was driving by and was wounded in the shooting.
In non-fatal shootings:
• At 3:40 a.m., a 23-year-old man was shot in Heart of Chicago, said Officer Bari Lemmon, a Chicago Police spokeswoman. The man was standing outside in the 2200 block of West 18th Place when a dark-colored car drove up and someone inside fired shots.
The man was hit in his leg. He was taken to Stroger Hospital, where his condition was not released but he was listed as "stable," Lemmon said.
The man was a documented gang member, police said.
• At 1:30 a.m., a 27-year-old man was shot while driving in Englewood.
• At 12:50 a.m., a 39-year-old man was shot in Austin, Lemmon said. The man was in the 5200 block of West Quincy Street when he was hit in his right shoulder and right hand.
The man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where his condition was not released but he was listed as "stable," Lemmon said.
The man was uncooperative, police said.
• At 11:30 p.m. Friday, a 49-year-old man was shot in North Lawndale, Lemmon said. The man was reaching into his car, which was parked in the 4200 block of West Cermak Road, when he heard shots and a car speeding away.
The man was hit in his left arm. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was in good condition, Lemmon said.
• At 10:35 p.m., a 17-year-old was shot in Austin, Lemmon said. The teen was standing on the street in the 5100 block of West Fulton Street when a man came out of an alley and fired shots.
The teen was hit in her right foot. She was taken to West Suburban Hospital, where she was in good condition, Lemmon said.
• At 10:30 p.m., a 33-year-old man was shot in South Shore, Lemmon said. The man was walking in the street in the 7200 block of South Phillips Avenue when he was hit in his right leg.
The man took himself to South Shore Hospital, Lemmon said.
• At 8:45 p.m., a 16-year-old boy was shot in Woodlawn.
• At 5:25 p.m., an 18-year-old man was shot in Englewood. He was seriously wounded.
No one was in custody in these shootings.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: