CHICAGO — Nearly 5,000 people are expected to participate in Real Men Cook for Father's Day this year.
Fathers from across the city will cook to raise awareness of "the positive things they are doing to uplift their families and their communities," according to the website for Real Men Cook. The menu will include chicken, ribs, fish, grilled vegetables and other roasted items, according to a news release.
The event has expanded and will be held in multiple locations throughout the city and in the suburbs and Indiana, according to Real Men Cook. There will be activities for children.
The events run 3-6 p.m. Sunday.
• Better Boys Foundation, 1512 S. Pulaski Road
• Dan Ryan Woods, 87th Street and Western Avenue
• Hales Franciscan High School, 4930 S. Cottage Grove Ave.
• Lawndale Christian Community Church, 3827 W. Ogden Ave.
• Mosque Maryam, 7351 S. Stony Island Ave.
• New Regal Theater, 1641 E. 79th St.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: