The event aims to showcase the businesses along 111th Street between Springfield and Sacramento avenues, as well as the shops on Kedzie Avenue between 110th and 112th streets, said Mary Gill, executive director of the Mount Greenwood Community And Business Association.
"I love that each year, it seems more and more people know about it," said Gill, who started the annual shopping event in 2013.
About 50 shops will participate in the walk this year, Gill said. Many have found creative ways to lure new customers through the door. Here are a few highlights that those walking in this winter wonderland won't want to miss:
• Check out the live reindeer in the parking lot of St. Christina Church. The students at the adjoining Catholic school will also entertain shoppers with a Christmas karaoke concert.
• Down the street a bit, PrivateBank will host Santa. Visitors are invited to indulge in milk and cookies.
• Elaborations will host the Grinch. The gift shop is encouraging visitors to take selfies with this unlikely holiday hero. Face to Face Salon and Spa is also expecting a visit from the green guy.
• Nicole Marie Salon will have a chocolate fountain as well as the gingerbread man in their shop for the Holiday Stroll.
• Big N Little Shoes will enter anyone who visits the store into a raffle for Blackhawks tickets.
• Fat Tommy’s will sell hot soup for $2.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: