LAKEVIEW — The 45th annual Pride Parade kicks off Sunday at noon.
Organizers said the parade — which runs through Uptown, Lakeview and Lincoln Park — will last three hours and attract anywhere from 800,000 to 1 million people. Police are targeting public drinking with fines up to $1,000.
If you live in the area, here's what you'll need to know:
Parade Route: Since 2012, the parade has started in Uptown at Broadway and Montrose. It snakes down Broadway and Halsted before turning east on Belmont. From there, more than 200 floats, dance groups and marching bands head south on Broadway before wrapping things up at Diversey and Cannon in Lincoln Park.
Cross Streets: There will be rolling closures at cross streets between Montrose and Diversey as the parade heads south. These start at noon.
Pedestrian Cross-Overs: Police officers will help pedestrians cross the parade route at Montrose, Irving Park, Addison, Grace, Roscoe and Wellington.
Cooling Buses: Temperatures should hit the 80s Sunday, according to the National Weather Service. Parade organizers will set up cooling buses on Halsted (between Belmont and Clark), Irving Park (between Clark and Broadway), Addison (in front of the police station) and Broadway (at Belmont).
Parking/Towing: Street closures are in effect from 5 a.m.-8 p.m., and towing begins promptly at 5 a.m. The following streets are affected:
• Montrose Avenue: Greenview Avenue to Hazel Street
• Broadway: Leland Avenue to Grace Street
• Sunnyside Avenue: Broadway to Sheridan Road
• Halsted Street: Grace Street to Belmont Avenue
• Belmont Avenue: Sheffield Avenue to Broadway
• Broadway: Belmont Avenue to Diversey Parkway
• Diversey Parkway: Broadway to Cannon Drive (Sheridan)
• Cannon Drive: Diversey Parkway to Fullerton Parkway
• Addison Street: Broadway to Sheffield Avenue
• Waveland Avenue: Halsted Street to Broadway
• Grace Street: Halsted Street to Fremont Street
• Clifton Avenue: Montrose Avenue to Sunnyside Avenue
CTA Reroutes: The CTA expects large crowds at the Belmont, Wilson, Sheridan, Diversey and Wellington "L" stations. From 12:01 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. Sunday, no bikes will be allowed on any CTA trains. Nine buses will be rerouted from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Sunday:
• Halsted (8): No service north of Fullerton. From Fullerton/Halsted, southbound buses will operate via Fullerton, Sheffield and Webster then resume their normal route on Halsted.
• Clark (22): Southbound buses will travel the regular route along Clark to Addison then will operate via Addison, Southport, Lincoln, Armitage to Clark and resume the regular route. Northbound buses will do the same thing, in reverse.
• Broadway (36): Southbound buses will be detoured from Broadway at Lawrence, then travel via Lawrence, Clark, Addison, Southport, Lincoln and Armitage to Clark, before resuming the regular route. Northbound buses will travel the reverse route.
• Diversey (76): No service east of Sheffield.
• Belmont (77): No service east of Sheffield.
• Montrose (78): Eastbound buses will operate via Wilson, Marine and Lawrence to Lawrence/Marine before beginning westbound service. From Lawrence/Marine, westbound buses will travel via Lawrence and Broadway to Wilson before resuming the regular route.
• Irving Park (80): No service east of Clark. From Clark/Belle Plaine, westbound buses will operate via Clark and Southport to Irving Park, before resuming the regular route.
• Sheridan (151): Southbound buses go to Sheridan/Wilson before operating via Wilson, Marine, Inner Lake Shore Drive, Belmont, Outer Lake Shore Drive and Fullerton to Stockton. Northbound buses will travel the reverse. From Inner Lake Shore Drive/Addison, southbound buses will continue south on Inner Lake Shore Drive to Belmont, then operate via Outer Lake Shore Drive and Fullerton to Stockton.
• Addison (152): No service east of Clark. From Clark/Belle Plaine, westbound buses will travel via Clark, Southport, Irving Park and Clark to Addison.
For up-to-date CTA information, visit www.transitchicago.com or call 312-836-7000.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: