The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Boy, 15, Among Four Dead, 10 Wounded in Shootings Since Saturday Night

By Josh McGhee | June 22, 2014 9:37am | Updated on June 22, 2014 8:27pm
 Shootings took place on both the North and South sides of the city.
Boy, 15, Among Three Dead, Four Wounded in Shootings Overnight
View Full Caption

CHICAGO — Four people were fatally shot and 10 other people were injured in shootings since Saturday evening.

In the most recent fatal shooting, a person was killed near the Museum of Science & Industry Sunday evening; another person was wounded, as well. Police did not have details about the victim or the shooting's circumstances.

Around 7:43 a.m. Sunday morning, police responded to a call of a man down in the 11100 block of South Lowe in Roseland and discovered a man fatally shot in the chest. The man was dead when police arrived, said Officer Michael Sullivan, a police spokesman.

The man was later identified as 16-year-old Christopher Jones, of the 200 West 111th Street. He was pronounced dead on the scene at 8:07 a.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner.

More information was not available and detectives are investigating.

Around 3 a.m. Sunday morning, a 23-year-old man was killed in Englewood.

The man, who police say is a documented gang member, was standing in the 7200 block of South Wentworth Avenue when he was shot multiple times in his body. He was pronounced dead on the scene, said Sullivan.

The man, was identified as Stanley Levy of the 100 block of West 126th Place, was pronounced at the scene at 3:24 a.m. according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Officer.

A 16-year-old boy was also shot in the shoulder and taken to Roseland Hospital in stable condition, Gaines said. No one is in custody for the shooting, and Area South detectives are investigating.

Several hours earlier, a 15-year-old boy was killed and another teen was wounded in a shooting Saturday night in Roseland.

Around 10:10 p.m. Saturday, the teens were standing near the intersection of 109th place and Perry Avenue when someone opened fire and fled the scene. The 15-year-old boy was shot in the head and died at the scene, said Officer Ron Gaines, a police spokesman.

The boy was pronounced dead at 10:45 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office. He was identified as Dekarlos Scott, of the 100 block of 110th Place.

In the most recent non-fatal shooting, two men were shot in South Shore, in the 2400 block of East 75th Street about 3:50, police said. One man, 47, was shot, though police could not say where, and was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital. The other man, 42, was hit in his left side and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center. Police had no information on their conditions.

In other shootings:

• A 16-year-old boy was shot in his left leg in the 2900 block of East 88th Street at 2:15 p.m. Sunday, police said. He was taken to Trinity Hospital in stable condition.

• A 34-year-old man was shot multiple times in the 6800 block of South Talman Avenue about 12:30 p.m. Sunday, police said. He was taken to Christ in critical condition.

• About 7:10 a.m. Sunday, in the  900 block of North Parkside Avenue in Austin, a man in his 30s was shot in his right leg and taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition, Sullivan said.

• Around 1 a.m. Sunday, a 14-year-old boy was shot in the 115th block of Parnell Avenue in West Pullman. The teen was struck in his right foot and taken to Roseland Hospital in stable condition, Sullivan said.

• About 10 minutes later, a 55-year-old man was shot in Fulller Park. The man was standing in the 300 block of West 42nd Street when a white minivan pulled up and someone hopped out and fired shots, Gaines said.

The man was taken to Stroger Hospital in serious condition. More information was not available, Gaines said.

• A 22-year-old man walked into Swedish Covenant Hospital after being shot in the face, while in the 4700 block of North Avers Avenue in Albany Park around 6:30 p.m. Saturday. The man was transferred to St. Francis Hospital in stable condition following the shooting, Sullivan said.