CHICAGO — Police are warning of a spike in robberies of North Side businesses in May and June.
At least six similar robberies have occurred across the area since late May, police said. In the robberies, one or two men entered small retail businesses and displayed handguns. The men have worn black sweatshirts with lettering, and on at least two occasions, one man wore a blue Indianapolis Colts baseball cap.
The thieves, described as black men between 22 and 25, standing 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-10, were responsible for the following robberies:
• 1800 block of North Milwaukee Avenue in Bucktown on May 27 at 2:20 p.m.;
• 2800 block of West Belden Avenue in Palmer Square on May 30 at 4:39 p.m.;
• 1600 block of North Damen Avenue in Bucktown at May 30 at 9 p.m.;
• 1600 block of North Milwaukee Avenue in Bucktown on June 8 at 3:20 a.m.;
• 900 block of West Belmont Avenue in Lakeview on June 8 at 3:45 p.m.;
• 2400 block of North Clark Street in Lincoln Park on June 14 at 9:25 p.m.
Anyone with information about the robberies can call Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: