CHICAGO — At least seventeen people were shot in incidents that occurred throughout Chicago since Friday night.
Two of the shootings ended in deaths.
In West Garfield Park, 22-year-old Carnesha Fort was killed in an incident police say might have been domestic-related.
In Washington Park, 18-year-old Brian Weekly was shot fatally while a 20-year-old man shot in the same incident was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
In another incident, two police officer and two others were shot in Washington Heights during a traffic stop.
In other nonfatal shooting:
• Two men were shot in the 500 block of North Avers Avenue about 4:50 p.m., police said. One man, 33, was struck in the back; the other, 21, was hit in the thigh. The men were in a car at a stoplight when someone fired shots at them. Police did not have information on their conditions.
• A 27-year-old man was shot multiple times in the 4000 block of West West End Avenue about 10:45 a.m., police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in stable condition.
• A 20-year-old man was grazed in the foot with a bullet while he was in the 4800 block of West Quincy Street in Austin, said Officer Jose Estrada. In the incident, someone with a gun exited a car and shot at the man before fleeing. The injured man was taken to Loretto Hospital.
• In Kenwood, two people were shot in the 4600 block of South Ellis Avenue about 3:10 a.m., Estrada said. A 20-year-old woman is in critical condition after being shot in her face. A 21-year-old man was shot multiple times in his body, though his condition is unknown. Police couldn't provide details about which hospital they were taken to.
• In Washington Park, an 18-year-old man was wounded in his leg and a 19-year-old man was injured in his arm, police said. The incident occurred in the 6100 block of South Wabash Avenue about 11:55 p.m. Friday, when three people approached them. One of those people shot at them before running away. The two shot were taken to Stroger Hospital and are in stable condition.
• In Austin, a 16-year-old boy was shot in his lower back while he was with a group in the 1000 block of North Lamon Avenue about 10:35 p.m., Estrada said. Someone shot at the group and as the boy was running away, he realized he had been shot. The boy was taken to Stroger Hospital.
• Less than a mile away, a 27-year-old woman and a 15-year-old boy were shot at 10:15 p.m. while in the 500 block of North LeClaire Avenue, Estrada said. The woman was in her car, which was stopped at the time, and grazed in the shoulder. She is at West Suburban Hospital. The boy, who was grazed in the back, refused medical attention.
Earlier Friday, two people were shot in Rogers Park, including 18-year-old Alante Vallejo of Evanston, who died.
Three people were wounded in other daytime shootings citywide.