LINCOLN SQUARE — OK, now it's summer.
Lincoln Square's pair of farmers markets — Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings — kick off this week, along with the neighborhood's weekly concert series.
Stock up on fresh produce, flowers and baked goods 7 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesdays from June 3-Oct. 28, and 4-8 p.m. Thursdays from June 5-Oct. 30. Both markets are held in the municipal parking lot adjacent to the Western Brown Line station.
New to the Thursday market — sponsored by the Lincoln Square Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce — are three booths manned by rotating individuals or organizations: one for local artists, one for neighborhood nonprofits and one for area businesses focused on wellness.
The Thursday night concert series takes place from 6:30-9 p.m. in Giddings Plaza, 4733 N. Lincoln Ave. Check the chamber's Facebook and Twitter feeds regarding potential cancelations in the event of severe weather.
The 2014 schedule:
- June 5 — The Flat Cats, swing/jazz
- June 12 — Decoy Prayer Meeting, rockabilly/folk fock
- June 19 — Mark William Johnson, acoustic
- June 26 — Ariada, indie rock/pop/soul
- July 3 — No concert
- July 10 — Cary Kanno and the Giants, funk/rock
- July 17 — Jonas Friddle, bluegrass
- July 24 — Radio Free Honduras, Latin folk/rock
- July 31 — The Stingers, classic Rock
- August 7 — The Village Jammers, Americana
- August 14 — Kaleidoscope Eyes, Beatles tribute
- August 21 — Wild Daisy, country
- August 28 — Sam Fazio, jazz
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: