CHICAGO — The Chicago Park District announced Thursday that Theater on the Lake would hit the road this summer, taking its shows to various parks around the city as the historic building is transformed from a summer-only venue to an all-season facility.
The 62nd season of Theater on the Lake runs from June 18-Aug. 10 and will be held at Union Park, Berger Park Cultural Center and Washington Park Refectory. Tickets to each show cost $10 each.
Here's a look at the 2014 Season schedule:
• "The Lockout: A Musical Book" at Union Park, 1501 W. Randolph St., June 18-22
• "First Class" at Berger Park Cultural Center, 6205 N. Sheridan Road, June 25-29
• "A Day in the Death of Joe Egg" at Berger Park, July 9-13
• "A Cole Porter Song Book" at Berger Park, July 23-27
• "Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind" at Washington Park Refectory, 5531 S. Russell Drive, July 30- Aug. 3
• "Great Expectations" at Berger Park, Aug. 6-10.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: