CHICAGO — Three people were killed and eight others were wounded in shootings across the city's South and West sides Thursday.
Most recently, a man in his 20s was killed and two other men were wounded in a shooting in the 5700 block of South LaSalle Street in Englewood about 6:10 p.m., police said.
About 5:25 p.m., a 58-year-old woman was killed in Chatham. The woman and two others were shot in the 700 block of East 79th Street. The woman was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital where she was pronounced dead, police said.
A 21-year-old man was shot dead in South Shore about 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
In non-fatal shootings:
• Just before 7 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was shot in Marquette Park, police said. The teen was shot in his left hand in the 6300 block of South Francisco Avenue and was taken to an area hospital in good condition. Police did not immediately have details surrounding the shooting.
• Earlier, an 18-year-old man was shot in North Lawndale across the street from an elementary school as students were being let out for the day. Students were locked down in the school following the shooting, which happened about 3 p.m. The teen was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where he was treated for a gunshot wound to his chest.
• A 22-year-old man was shot in the arm in the 5700 block of South Winchester Avenue in West Englewood, police said. He was taken to Holy Cross Hospital, where his condition had stabilized, police said.
• A man was shot in Thursday afternoon in Austin, police said. Police said he was shot multiple times in the 4900 block of West Huron Street about noon. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition, police said.
• A man whose age was unknown was shot in the foot Auburn Gresham about 1:10 p.m. He was taken in good condition to Holy Cross Hospital.