CHICAGO — One man was killed and at least seven men were wounded in shootings Saturday night.
During in the day, a man was killed and another was wounded in the Englewood neighborhood.
The most recent homicide was about 8:05 p.m. Saturday in Uptown, when Rogers Park resident Corteze Reed, 23, was fatally shot in his chest. Later Saturday, police shot and killed a knife-wielding man in Englewood.
In other shootings:
• A 20-year-old man walked into the University of Chicago Medical Center about 11:15 p.m. Saturday with a gunshot wound in his back, police said.
The man said he had been driving in the 5400 block of South Harper Avenue in Hyde Park when another car pulled up and someone inside began shooting, police said. The victim drove himself to the hospital, where his condition stabilized.
• About 10:20 p.m. Saturday, a 19-year-old man walked into Advocate Christ Medical Center with a gunshot wound in his right leg, police said. The man said a gunman walked up to him in the 2400 block of West 47th Street in Brighton Park and fired multiple shots before running away, police said.
• In Marquette Park, two men were shot in the 6600 block of South Fairfield Avenue about 8:15 p.m. Saturday, police said. The victims, both 20, were taken to Holy Cross Hospital by friends. One man was shot in his leg, while the other was struck in his buttocks and leg and later transferred to Mount Sinai Hospital.
• Two men were shot in Austin about 7:35 p.m. Saturday, police said. The victims were standing in the 500 block of North Laramie Avenue when a gunman walked up and began shooting before running away, police said. A 19-year-old man was shot in his back, while a 20-year-old man was shot in his leg. Both were taken to Stroger Hospital, where their conditions stabilized.
• An 18-year-old man is in serious condition after he was shot in his jaw in the Brainerd neighborhood Saturday night. According to police, the man ran into a home in the 9300 block of South Ada Street about 7:25 p.m. and said he'd been shot. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.