CHICAGO — At least 10 men were wounded in shootings Tuesday.
The most recent happened about 9:55 p.m. in Roseland when a 21-year-old man was shot in his left hand, police said. The man was sitting on a front porch in the 9900 block of South Wentworth Avenue when someone inside a gold sedan opened fire.
The victim was taken to Roseland Community Hospital, where his condition had stabilized.
In other shootings:
• A 39-year-old man was shot in his arm in the 700 block of South Kenneth Avenue in West Garfield Park about 7:35 p.m., police said. The man was treated at Stroger Hospital, and officers said the shooting may have been a drive-by.
• About 7:15 p.m., a 29-year-old man was shot in his leg in the 4400 block of West Palmer Street in Hermosa, police said. The victim was listed in "stable condition" at Our Lady of the Resurrection Medical Center.
• Shortly before 6 p.m., a 31-year-old man walked into Saint Bernard Hospital with a gunshot wound in his buttocks. The man told police he was shot in the 6900 block of South Eggleston Avenue in Englewood. His condition had stabilized.
• In South Chicago at 4:24 p.m., a 44-year-old man working on a car in the alley in the 8200 block of South Paxton Avenue was shot by someone from a different car, said Officer Stacey Cooper, a police spokeswoman. The shooter's car was black. The victim was shot in his leg and taken to South Shore Hospital, where his condition had stabilized.
• In Austin, two men, ages 24 and 29, were shot in the 5900 block of West Washington Boulevard at 3:21 p.m., said Officer Veejay Zala, a police spokesman. The younger man was shot in his leg and taken to Stroger Hospital, where he is stable. The 29-year-old was shot in his chest and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition.
• Also in Austin, a man in his 20s was shot in his buttocks while in the 4900 block of West Augusta Boulevard, Zala said. He was taken to Mount Sinai.
• In Chicago Lawn, a 19-year-old man is in serious condition after being shot in his arm and leg while in the 2200 block of West 72nd Street, Zala said. The shooting occurred at 11:12 a.m.
• In Roseland, a 28-year-old man was shot in his elbow and buttocks at 11:10 a.m., Zala said. After the shooting in the 10600 block of South Wentworth Avenue, he was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he is in stable condition.
For more neighborhood news, listen to DNAinfo Radio here: