CHICAGO — One person was killed and at least seven others wounded in shootings Saturday.
About 4:25 p.m., a 32-year-old man was shot to death in Austin, police said. The man was sitting in a parked car in the 200 block of North Pine Avenue when someone inside a passing vehicle opened fire, said Officer Veejay Zala, a police spokesman.
The victim — later identified as Charles Lee of the 1700 block of North Lotus Avenue — was shot in the right side of his body, authorities said. Lee tried to drive away, but crashed his car nearby. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 5:04 p.m.
In other shootings:
• Three people were shot in West Englewood about 7:20 p.m. Saturday, police said. The victims were standing in the 1600 block of West 70th Street when a gunman emerged from an alley and opened fire. Officers said the victims knew the shooter, but no one was in custody.
Two men, ages 18 and 20, were shot in their legs and taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition, police said. A 15-year-old boy was shot in his foot and taken to Holy Cross Hospital, where his condition had stabilized.
• A 50-year-old man was shot in his left leg as he was being robbed at gunpoint in Englewood Saturday, police said. The victim was in the 7100 block of South May Street when he was approached by two men about 4:35 p.m.
One man pulled a gun, while the other searched the victim's pockets and took cash, police said. Officers described the attackers as black men in their 20s or 30s.
The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center, where his condition had stabilized.
• About 4:20 p.m. in Marquette Park, a 24-year-old man was shot in his neck in in the 7200 block of South Artesian Avenue, Zala said. The victim brought himself to Holy Cross Hospital, where he was listed in critical condition.
• In South Chicago, an 18-year-old man was shot in his upper inner thigh in the 8600 block of South Exchange Avenue about 12:45 p.m., Zala said. The teen was taken to a local hospital in good condition.
• At 12:06 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was shot in his right leg in the 7400 block of South Vernon Avenue in Greater Grand Crossing, police said. The teen was taken to Saint Bernard Hospital, where his condition later stabilized.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings.