CHICAGO — At least 16 people were injured and one person killed by gunfire across the city since Friday night.
In addition to a shooting at a West Garfield Park party where a 24-year-old man was fatally shot and five others were wounded, shootings occurred in Logan Square, the West Loop, Washington Heights, West Englewood, East Garfield Park, North Lawndale and Humboldt Park.
The latest incident occurred in the 8100 block of South Albany Avenue about 5 p.m., when a 21-year-old man was shot in his left hand, police said. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn in good condition, police said.
In other shootings:
• A 21-year-old man was shot in Roseland about 3:40 p.m. Saturday, police said. The man was sitting in a parked car in the 11300 block of South Parnell Avenue when two gunmen walked up and opened fire.
The victim was shot in his left shoulder blade, and a friend took him to Roseland Community Hospital, where he was listed in "stable condition."
• In the 10500 block of South Wabash Avenue about 11:25 a.m., a male was shot in "the brow area," police said. He was taken in stable condition to Advocate Christ Hospital.
• About 4:15 a.m. in the 1900 block of North Mozart Avenue in Logan Square a man driving a car was shot at and bruised by a bullet, according to Officer Janel Sedevic, a police spokesman.
The bullet shattered the back window and went through a seat in the car, which slowed down the bullet enough such that it didn't penetrate the victim's body.
The man was treated at the scene.
• In the West Loop, a 24-year-old man was shot in the right leg. He said he was on a corner in the 500 block of South Clinton Street about 12:15 a.m. when he was shot at from a passing black four-door car, Sedevic said. The man took himself to Rush University Medical Center, but was transferred to Stroger Hospital where his condition has stabilized.
• In Washington Heights, a 29-year-old man was shot in his abdomen, shoulder and knees while he was walking in the 9600 block of South Carpenter Street about 11:30 p.m. Friday, Sedevic said. Two gunmen emerged from a silver car and shot at him. The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he is in stable condition.
• In West Englewood, a 26-year-old man took two bullets to his back about 11:20 p.m. in the 6000 block of South Hermitage Avenue, Sedevic said. No one is in custody in that shooting and the victim is in serious condition at Christ.
• In the 3400 block of West Walnut Street in East Garfield Park, a man and a teenage boy were in a car when they were shot at from a passing white van, Sedevic said. A 22-year-old man was shot in his buttocks and a 16-year-old boy was shot in his shoulder and back. Both are stable at Mount Sinai Hospital. The shooting occurred at 10:20 p.m.
• In North Lawndale, a 21-year-old man was walking in the 1200 block of West Tripp Avenue when two people shot at him in an incident that may have been gang-related, police said. The victim was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where the injury to his left leg has stabilized.
• In Humboldt Park in the 1000 block of North Monticello Avenue, a 27-year-old woman in a car was shot at from another car, Sedevic said. It is uncertain which of the two cars were moving. The woman took herself to Norweigan-American Hospital after being shot in her shoulder and buttocks. She is in stable condition.