CHICAGO — Police are warning residents on the Northwest Side after a string of ruse burglaries targeting elderly people.
The men, described as white and between the ages of 25 and 40 years old, have targeted six homes over the past month, police said in a statement.
In each incident, one man used a ruse — such as telling the victim he is there to perform construction work — while another man enters the residence to steal property, police said. In one case, the man identified himself as city worker.
Officials are warning residents to keep their doors locked and call police with any information. One of the offenders is described as having a scar on his face.
The robberies occurred:
• In the 2600 block of North Merrimac Avenue on Wednesday, March 19 at 1:30 p.m.
• In the 5400 block of West Agatite Avenue on Thursday, March 27 between approximately 10 a.m and noon
• In the 5300 block of West Winnemac Avenue on Thursday, March 27 at approximately 11 a.m.
• In the 6200 block of North Drake Avenue on Saturday, March 29 at 2:05 p.m.
• In the 3000 block of North Sayre Avenue on Sunday, March 30 at 2:30 p.m.
• In the 3000 block of North Marmora Avenue on Monday, March 31 at 3:05 p.m.
Anyone with information can contact Area North detectives at 312-744-8263.