CHICAGO — Two men were killed and at least six wounded in shootings and stabbings Monday.
The most recent homicide happened about 5:15 p.m. when a 19-year-old man was shot while riding in a car in Roseland, said Officer Michael Sullivan, a police spokesman.
The victim was with three other passengers in the 11300 block of South Edbrooke Avenue when a fight broke out. One of the passengers shot the victim in the back, before he exited the car and shot the victim again — this time in the abdomen, Sullivan said.
Jeremy Bafunsho, 19, was rushed to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead at 6:38 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.
No one is in custody.
Earlier Monday, 20-year-old Mensa Kifle was fatally shot during a gang altercation outside Lickity Split Custard Shop in Edgewater. A 24-year-old man was also wounded during the shooting.
In nonfatal incidents:
• A 15-year-old boy was shot in the hip in Chatham about 9:30 p.m., Sullivan said. The teen was walking with two friends in the 9200 block of South Saint Lawrence Avenue when someone in a black car opened fire.
The car sped away and the teen was taken to Comer Children's Hospital, where his condition had stabilized.
• A 35-year-old man walked into Mount Sinai Hospital Monday with a gunshot wound in the hand, Sullivan said. The man said he was standing in the 200 block of North Francisco Avenue in East Garfield Park when a gunman approached and demanded money.
During a struggle that ensued, the 35-year-old was shot in the hand about 5:30 p.m., he said. The attacker then ran off with cash.
• About 4:38 p.m., a 25-year-old man was stabbed in McKinley Park, Sullivan said. The man was standing with friends in the 2000 block of West 37th Street when "known offenders" walked up and began yelling gang slogans.
One of the men stabbed the victim, who was treated at Stroger Hospital.
• In West Pullman, a 17-year-old was shot in the leg about 4 p.m., Sullivan said. The teen was walking in the 12100 block of South State Street when two men approached and began shooting.
The teen was treated at Roseland Community Hospital.
• Earlier Monday, a 16-year-old boy was shot in Woodlawn.
No one was in custody for any of the shootings or stabbings.