CHICAGO — Three people were shot while driving on the Dan Ryan Expy., and a 16-year-old girl was struck in her ankle in Greater Grand Crossing as at least 16 people were injured in shootings across the city Saturday night and Sunday.
In the most recent incident, a 52-year-old man was shot in his buttocks in the 8000 block of South Manistee Avenue about 12:30 p.m., said Officer Janel Sedevic, a Chicago Police Department spokeswoman.
The man was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in good condition, Sedevic said
No one was in custody for the shooting.
• About 4 a.m. Sunday, two men were shot in North Lawndale, said Officer Jose Estrada, a Police Department spokesman. The men, both 21, were with a group of friends in the 3500 block of West Douglas Boulevard when two gunman walked up and opened fire, police said.
One man was struck in his right ankle, and the other was hit in his left thigh. Friends drove the two men to Mount Sinai Hospital, where they were listed in good condition early Sunday.
• A 48-year-old man was shot during an apparent robbery in South Shore about 3:30 a.m. Sunday, Estrada said. As the man walked into his apartment in the 7800 block of South Burnham Avenue, he was approached by two gunmen and shot in his shoulder during a brief struggle, police said.
The victim was treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
• Three men were shot in Austin about 2:25 a.m. Sunday, Estrada said. The victims were standing in the 5100 block of West Maypole Avenue when a dark SUV approached and two men with handguns jumped out and began shooting, police said.
A 33-year-old man was shot in his left foot and lower back and taken in serious condition to Mount Sinai Hospital. A 36-year-old man was struck in his right leg and buttocks and treated at Loretto Hospital, and a 25-year-old man was shot in his back and taken in serious condition to Stroger Hospital, police said.
• A 21-year-old man is in critical condition at Stroger Hospital after he was shot in his head in Back of the Yards, Estrada said. The man was sitting in the back of a car in the 1600 block of West 46th Place when a gunman fired multiple shots into the car about 2:10 a.m. Sunday.
• A 34-year-old man walked into St. Francis Hospital with a gunshot wound in his leg about 1:25 a.m. Sunday, Estrada said. The man claims he was struck in the 7300 block of North Campbell Avenue in West Ridge. He was listed in good condition early Sunday.
• In Greater Grand Crossing, three people were hit in a drive-by shooting about 1:15 a.m. Sunday, Estrada said. A group of people was standing on the sidewalk in the 7500 block of South Ingleside Avenue when someone in a dark sedan opened fire, police said.
A 16-year-old girl was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center with a gunshot wound in her right ankle. Two men, ages 19 and 21, also were shot in their right ankles and taken to Jackson Park Hospital.
Police think the shooting was gang-related.
• About 9:50 p.m. Saturday, a 29-year-old man was shot in both thighs and his elbow in Austin, Estrada said. The victim was on the sidewalk in the 5200 block of West Congress Parkway when a man in a mask walked up and began shooting.
The victim was treated at Mount Sinai Hospital.
• Three people were shot in the local lanes of the Dan Ryan Expy. about 8:53 p.m. Saturday, according to State Police. Shots were fired at a black Toyota near 59th Street in Englewood. Three of the car's five passengers — two women and one man — were injured, but State Police offered no further details.
As of Sunday morning, no one was in custody in any of the shootings.