CHICAGO — One person was killed and six injured in shootings across the city Friday night and Saturday.
In Auburn Gresham on Saturday, 39-year-old Fredrick Ollie was fatally shot in his head while standing in the 600 block of West 89th Street.
In non-fatal shootings:
• About 7:30 p.m. Saturday, a 19-year-old man was shot and wounded in Altgeld Gardens. The teen was in the 13100 block of South Langley Avenue when he was shot in his left leg, police said.
No further details were immediately available, police said.
• Hours earlier, a man was shot in the 6100 block of South Kimbark Avenue in Woodlawn, police said. At 4:18 p.m. Saturday, the 20-year-old was shot in both of his legs and taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in critical condition.
• At 3:50 a.m. Saturday, an 18-year-old woman was shot in her leg in the 1700 block of West 21st Place in the Heart of Chicago neighborhood, according to Officer Amina Greer, a police spokeswoman. The woman was taken to Stroger Hospital in "stable" condition.
• Forty minutes earlier in Belmont Cragin, a 17-year-old boy and his 53-year-old uncle were shot in the 2100 block of North Mulligan Avenue, Greer said.
The teenager was outside when he was approached by a "known offender" who chased him into a backyard and fired at him.
A stray bullet went through the window of a house, wounding the uncle in his leg. The man was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition.
The boy, shot in his lower back, collapsed in the house and is in critical condition at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood. Police believe the incident is gang-related and no one is in custody.
• In West Englewood, a 16-year-old boy was shot in his buttocks following an argument over gang affiliations in the 6600 block of South Bell Avenue about 9:15 p.m. Friday, Greer said.
The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in "stable" condition. Cops are questioning a person of interest.