CHICAGO — One person was killed and at least 10 others wounded in shootings Friday night through Saturday afternoon.
An argument about beer turned bloody Friday night when two men were shot — one fatally — and a third was pistol-whipped in the Hermosa neighborhood. The men, who were co-workers, had been at a party in the 1800 block of North Pulaski Road, said Officer Jose Estrada, a police spokesman.
During the argument, one man left the party and returned with a gun about 11:30 p.m. He pistol-whipped one man, who was treated on the scene, and shot two others, Estrada said.
A 27-year-old man was sent to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center after being shot multiple times. And Juan Delafuente, 35, of the 1700 block of North Harding Avenue, was shot in his abdomen and pronounced dead at Mount Sinai Hospital at 2:45 a.m. Saturday, authorities said.
The shooter, a 32-year-old man, was in custody Saturday morning. Charges are pending.
In non-fatal shootings:
• At 1:10 p.m. Saturday, a 19-year-old man was shot in the chest, arm and foot in the 1500 block of North Leamington Avenue in Austin, said Officer Veejay Zala, a police spokesman. The man was taken in serious condition to Loyola University Medical Center.
• A 22-year-old man was shot multiple times while in Brainerd Park in the 9100 block of South Throop Street at 12:05 p.m. Saturday, Estrada said. The man was taken in serious-to-critical condition to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn.
• A 16-year-old boy was shot in his hand and foot in North Lawndale at 5:04 a.m. Saturday, said Estrada, who was citing preliminary information. The teen, who was struck in the 4000 block of West Grenshaw Street, was in good condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
• In the Heart of Chicago neighborhood, a 24-year-old man was shot in his lower left leg during a drive-by in the 1700 block of West 19th Street, Estrada said. The man claims he was standing with a group of friends when someone in a light-colored car opened fire about 3:45 a.m. Saturday
The man was treated at Stroger Hospital.
• A 26-year-old man was shot in his arm in the 5000 block of West Superior Street in Austin about 12:25 a.m. Saturday, a, Estrada said. The man was treated at Mount Sinai Hospital.
• Just after 11 p.m. Friday, two people were shot during a drive-by in Austin, Estrada said. The victims were in the 4800 block of West Walton Street when someone in a vehicle opened fire. A 16-year-old girl who had been standing on the sidewalk with friends was shot in her leg and treated at West Suburban Hospital.
A 21-year-old man, who had been sitting in a white car, was struck in his leg and drove himself to West Suburban.
• Two teens are in critical condition in Mount Sinai Hospital after they were wounded during a gang shootout in Little Village. The incident occurred about 10:10 p.m. in the 2600 block of South Ridgeway Avenue, Estrada said.
According to police, an 18-year-old man was shot in his face by a 17-year-old boy from a rival gang. The 17-year-old was then shot in his head by an unknown gunman, presumably from the first gang. No one was in custody early Saturday.