CHICAGO — Two people were killed and dozens wounded in weekend shootings across the city, authorities said.
On Sunday afternoon, 24-year-old Jordan Jefferson was shot and killed after walking out of a South Shore church, authorities and witnesses said.
"I heard the pop-pop-pop, three bullets," said the Rev. Issac Whittmon, pastor of the Greater Metropolitan Church of Christ. "I saw the man land from a distance."
Jefferson was walking with Whittmon's son at the time in the 2400 block of E. 75th St., and bullets had just missed the other man, Whittmon said.
On Saturday in Roseland, 27-year-old Shannon Ware was killed about 4 a.m. in the 100 block of East 115th Street, authorities said.
Ware, of the 100 block of West 115th Street, was standing on a sidewalk when another man fired shots at him from across the street, according to police and the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office. The gunman then fled in a light-colored, four-door sedan, police said.
Ware was hit in the head and chest and was pronounced dead on the scene, police said.
In other shootings:
• A mother and her 1-year-old son were wounded in a drive-by shooting near Englewood's Murray Park Sunday evening, police said. They were shot inside a van about 6 p.m. in the 1700 block of West 73rd Street, and both were in "stable" condition at local hospitals, police said.
• At 2:35 a.m. Monday, a 24-year-old man was shot as two men tried to rob him in Little Village, police said. The two men approached him in the 3000 block of South Avers Avenue, and as the three struggled, the man wash shot in his left leg, according to police. He was in "stable" condition at Stroger Hospital, police said.
• About 2:10 a.m. in Washington Park, two men were found shot in a vacant lot near an alley in the 5700 block of South Prairie Avenue, police said. A man in his 40s was shot in his upper right thigh and a 51-year-old was shot in his chest, and both were taken to Providence Hospital in "stable" condition before being transferred to Stroger Hospital, police said.
• About 8 p.m. Sunday, a 22-year-old man was shot in South Lawndale, police said. He was in the 3800 block of West 30th Street when a man came up to him and shot him in the elbow, police said. The injured man was in "stable" condition at Mount Sinai Hospital, police said.
• Six men were injured in an Uptown drive-by shooting Friday evening. They were initially in critical condition, though police said their conditions later stabilized.
At least 22 were wounded in shootings Friday night through Sunday evening, including the Uptown incident.
No one has been charged in connection with the weekend shootings, police said.