The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Man Fatally Shot in New City, Three Others Wounded in Separate Shootings

By Emily Morris | June 4, 2013 3:00pm | Updated on June 4, 2013 4:44pm
 A man was fatally shot in the head on the South Side Tuesday afternoon, police said.
A man was fatally shot in the head on the South Side Tuesday afternoon, police said.
View Full Caption

CHICAGO — A suburban man was fatally shot in the New City neighborhood Tuesday afternoon, police said.

He was in the 4300 block of South Oakley Avenue when he was shot about 1:35 p.m., said Officer Veejay Zala, a police spokesman.

The man was identified as Alberto Valencia, 45, of the 500 block of Lakewood Terrace in Round Lake, by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.

Valencia was taken in critical condition to Stroger Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 2:17 p.m., the morgue said.

Authorities did not give the man's age or a description of the shooter Tuesday afternoon.

In other unrelated shootings, a 25-year-old was struck by two bullets in his hip after being shot in the 1200 block of West Wilson Avenue in Uptown about 7:10 p.m., Greer said.

The victim was standing on the sidewalk when a shooter emerged from an alley and fired in his direction, Greer said.

No one is in custody and the victim was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center where he was listed as "stable," Greer said.

In an unrelated shooting, a 21-year-old man was shot in the elbow about 6:45 p.m. in the 7300 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue in Greater Grand Crossing, police said.

The man was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition, officials said.

In a third incident, a 17-year-old took bullets in his chest, back and leg in the 1500 block of North Harding Avenue in West Humboldt Park about 4:15 p.m., said Officer Amina Greer, a police spokeswoman.

The teen, who police believe was gang-affiliated, was sitting on a porch when the shooter fired several shots at him before fleeing by foot.

The boy was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in serious condition, Greer said.

Contributing: Kyla Gardner