The DNAinfo archives brought to you by WNYC.
Read the press release here.

Man Killed, Two Wounded in Overnight Shootings

By Quinn Ford | April 4, 2013 7:17am | Updated on April 4, 2013 12:07pm
 Near the scene where Charles Bush, 33, was fatally shot in the 5900 block of South LaSalle Street.
Near the scene where Charles Bush, 33, was fatally shot in the 5900 block of South LaSalle Street.
View Full Caption
DNAinfo/Quinn Ford

CHICAGO — A man was killed and two others were injured in overnight shootings Wednesday night on the city's Northwest, West and South sides, authorities said.

A 33-year-old man died after being shot in the 5900 block of South LaSalle Street in the city's Englewood neighborhood.

About 7:50 p.m., a man got out of a van and fired shots, hitting the 33-year-old victim in the abdomen, police said. The shooter then got back into the van and drove south on LaSalle Street, according to Officer Amina Greer, a police spokeswoman.

The shooting victim, who was later identified as Charles Bush, was taken to Stroger Hospital. Bush, of the 5800 block of South Princeton Avenue, was pronounced dead at 11:05 p.m., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office.

No one was in custody in connection with the murder as of Thursday morning, police said.

Around 8 p.m., a teenager was shot in the city's North Lawndale neighborhood, police said.

The 16-year-old boy told authorities he was standing outside in the 1600 block of South Ridgeway Avenue when he heard gunshots and felt pain, Greer said. The boy was shot in the right leg and taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in good condition, Greer said.

About 11:40 p.m. Wednesday, another man was shot in the 3300 block of North Springfield Avenue in the city's Northwest Side.

Police said a 32-year-old man was walking past a group of three people when a member of the group began yelling gang slogans. Someone from the group pulled a gun and shot the victim in the lower left leg, Greer said.

The man was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center where he was treated and released, Greer said.